Job, vacancy and employment details
This magnificent and grand Berkshire Country House Hotel set in stunning and secluded surroundings is looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join their kitchen brigade tomaintainthe existing high standards within this luxurious property.
Our Client prides itself on locally sourced seasonal ingredients and exceptional service. The hotels multi outlet restaurants and dining areas showcase a modern outlook on classic British dishes in contemporary and elegant settings.
Job Scopefor this Commis Chef opportunity are:
Preparing and assisting in creating the finest dishes using local produce, as Commis Chef you will work directly under the Demi Chef de Partie to ensure that all food presented to guests and customers is of the highest standard.
Main Duties of this Commis Chef position are:
* Run a clean, tidy and organised environment at all times
* Participates in food production, portions meats, fish, vegetables and desserts and utilizes food surpluses to control food costs
* Ensures daily food preparations meet outlined recipes including portion size, quantity and quality
* Maintains food quality control.
* Ensures proper food rotation, which will eliminate spoilage and waste.
* Maintains a clean and efficient kitchen section and ensures maximum utilization of food
* Communicate with and assists back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production
* Take direction and guidance from other team members
Requirements of this Commis Chef vacancy are:
* Ideally NVQ levels 2&3
* Experience working in a Michelin star or AA Rosette establishment
* Hotel or Restaurant background
* Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
* Good understanding of food, hygiene and safety
* Good verbal and written English
* The right to work in the United Kingdom
Benefits of this Commis Chef vacancy are:
* Complimentary nights with breakfast
* 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
* Uniform laundered complimentarily
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this Commis Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to email@example.com
All Applicants must...........................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Hospitality jobs (hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and catering) in Berkshire