Job, vacancy and employment details
4 star country house hotel is currently recruiting for a Sous Chef. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring chef to join our team in a busy and challenging environment which incudes abusyBrasserie and 120 cover conference and banqueting. The successful candidate will be part of a large brigade and be able to support the Head Chef in the running of this busy kitchen. If you are proactive, ambitious, have an eye for detail and a real passion for creating fresh, locally sourced rosette level dishes then we?d like you to join our team. Candidates will have experience as a Sous Chef at a similar establishment, hold a relevant NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent, be a good team leader and be able to coach and develop their team .
You will be responsible for maintaining company standards of food quality, hygiene, safety and profitability are adhered to. You will be working for a company which values your contribution and in turn offer excellent training opportunities. You will have excellent managerial skills with the ability to motivate and develop your team. You will also be responsible for the kitchen in the Head Chef?s absence.
1. Preparation and production of high quality food at all times.
2.Deputising in the absence of the head chef and senior sous chef.
3. Planning and costing menus.
4. Work closely with the front of house team to enhance product knowledge and increase the customer experience.
5. Ensuring the highest level of food hygiene and health and safty standards in the kitchen at all times.
6. Comply with health and safty legislation.
7. Undertake any reasonable duties as directed by the head chef or his/her nominee.
* Competitive Salary £25,000 - £28,000 doe
* Leading an Enthusiastic Team
* Statutory Annual Holidays
Previous background working within a 4 star, quality hotel environment and a full understanding of food safety and hygiene is essential as is experience of catering for volume. You will need passion and determination as well as the ability to manage a team by coaching, developing and motivating others.
If you would like to apply for this positon please send your up to date CV to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO YOUR APPLICATION WITHIN 72 HOURS YOU WILL HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL ON THIS OCCASION
ll applicants must ......
In line with the requirements of the asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Hospitality jobs (hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and catering) in Essex