Job, vacancy and employment details
This magnificent Berkshire Hotel is looking for an exceptional Sous Chef with great leadership andcreativity to join and help lead the kitchen brigade.
As Sous Chef you will have to support the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen, managing, leading and motivating the team to provide consistently outstanding service to our guests.
Main Duties for this Sous Chef opportunity are:
* Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the kitchen team
* Produce and deliver quality food and enable operational excellence
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification
* Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department by maximum utilisation of food
* Manage cost and maximise business opportunities
* Plan and order as appropriate for levels of business
* Mentor train and coach the team
* Support with the administration such as rotas, recruitment and attending hotel meetings
* Write and check standard recipes to ensure portion control, uniformity and taste for approval of the Executive Chef
* To carry out quality control checks, ensuring presentation, quality of food and service standards are adhered to
* To complete material check lists, e.g. mise-en place
* To check daily function sheets
* Responsible for daily ordering and purchase control alongside the Head Chef
* To control food costs according to agreed budgets with the Head Chef
Requirements for this Sous Chef position are:
* Experience as a senior chef
* Strong understanding of British cuisine
* Leadership skills
* Experience of ordering systems and costing process
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Team motivator
* Good IT knowledge
Benefits of this Sous Chef role are:
* 50% F&B discount
* Employee Introductory Scheme
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Contributory pension scheme entitlement
* Life assurance cover for all team members
* Uniform laundered
* Meals whilst on duty
If you would like to apply for this great Sous Chef position, then please forward your CV onto firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must...................
In Line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only beanswered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we havent contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our Clients and the industries reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing relationships between the applicant and employer.
We promise to never pass your details onto third partes without your direct authorisation.
Hospitality jobs (hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and catering) in Berkshire