Job, vacancy and employment details
This recently rejuvenated hotel is seeking a hard working and dedicated Sous Chef to complete their team.
The property is full of charm and character. With beautiful views that will take your breath away, award winning dining experiences and calming lounges that inspire their guests to unwind.
Their Rosette award winning Restaurant at the Hotel is where guests can enjoy the Head Chefs imaginative lunch and dinner menus with strong emphasis on local produce served with style.Therfore you will be expected to be experienced within fresh food and working to high standards and a fast pace at all times.
Duties of this Sous Chef position will include:
* Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
* Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
* Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head Chef
* Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
* Assist Head Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
* Supporting the Head Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant.
* To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen.
* Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
* Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef in addition to following a ?clean as you go? policy.
* Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
* Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
Benefits of this Sous Chef Position are:
* Competative Salary
* Uniform provided
* Full training (Incorporating accredited safe and legal)
* Meals on Duty
* Live in accommodation if required
* 28 days holiday
* Staff discounts
To apply for this great Sous Chef opportunity, please forward your CV to email@example.com
All Applicants must...................
In Line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only beanswered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we havent contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our Clients and the industries reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing relationships between the applicant and employer.
We promise to never pass your details onto third partes without your direct authorisation.
Hospitality jobs (hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and catering) in Cumbria